Tuesday, October 30, 2007

News after ultrasound

I had an ultrasound last Thursday - according to that (I know there's some error involved), baby girl weighed 7 lbs at 36.5 weeks, and I have a lot of amniotic fluid. With all that, the doctor suggested that I be induced on Nov. 8, by which point baby girl would be around 8 lbs if she stays on the same growth scale.
Nov. 8 is the day after Lee's busy time at work, so that works out. Unless she decides to come on her own before then!

If we manage to get the printouts scanned before the 8th, we'll post them. If not, we'll have better pictures!

Monday, October 15, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I'm now in my ninth month of pregnancy - yay! Because Stephen was so big (and my body had major problems with that), my doctor wants to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check her size. I have been measuring a little ahead of schedule. She offered (but thankfully is not encouraging) a c-section to avoid potential problems later in life (I'll leave out the details). That is not the path I want to take...
Another option is a gradual induction (since it would be prior to 40 wks), pending the results of the ultrasound of course. The doctor also wants to confer with the other drs in the practice. Several things are different this time around so maybe that won't be necessary either - I'm having a girl instead of a boy (girls are usually smaller), and I've gained much less weight.
So whatever happens later on, in two weeks, Lord willing, I'll have more ultrasound pictures of our little girl.