Monday, October 15, 2007

Pregnancy Update

I'm now in my ninth month of pregnancy - yay! Because Stephen was so big (and my body had major problems with that), my doctor wants to do an ultrasound in 2 weeks to check her size. I have been measuring a little ahead of schedule. She offered (but thankfully is not encouraging) a c-section to avoid potential problems later in life (I'll leave out the details). That is not the path I want to take...
Another option is a gradual induction (since it would be prior to 40 wks), pending the results of the ultrasound of course. The doctor also wants to confer with the other drs in the practice. Several things are different this time around so maybe that won't be necessary either - I'm having a girl instead of a boy (girls are usually smaller), and I've gained much less weight.
So whatever happens later on, in two weeks, Lord willing, I'll have more ultrasound pictures of our little girl.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. Avoid a c-section if you can. :P Can't wait to see more pics of your little girl. :D

Krajca Family said...

Crazy! This is all just around the corner.

We so wish that we were there, or that you were here, so that we could share (in person) the jon of another Nickles baby! But, even though we're not there, know that we think of you all often, and are praying for you.

Kierstyn

Hannah D A said...

We, too, are praying and are anxious to pray for her by name. Feel free to share that name anytime. :) We miss you and think of you often.