Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Oh the irony!

I was reading this passage this morning on the ride to work:

"Gather in, and call home my senses unto Thee; make me to forget all worldy things; grant me to cast away speedily and to scorn all sinful phantoms. Succor me, O Thou eternal Truth, that no vanity may move me. Come to me, Thou heavenly sweetness, and let all impurity flee from before Thy face." - from Thomas A Kempis, The Imitation of Christ, Book 3, chapter 48.

I realized I was having to try to concentrate on the book since the bus driver had a hip-hop radio station blaring. I got a good chuckle from that.

I do recommend the book by the way, even though it gets repetitious.

1 comment:

Deutero Q said...

I appreciate your thoughts on The Imitation of Christ. That book is very special to me, as it was one of four that the Lord used to point me to Christ years ago. (The other books were Mere Christianity, Augustine's Confessions, and Billy Graham's Peace with God).

Oh, by the way, Hook em Horns! Sorry, couldn't resist!!

Blessings,
A brother in Christ!