Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Break in Pigeon Forge

We recently went to Pigeon Forge, TN with Lee's family from SC and TN. Lee and I had never been to that area so we were not as prepared for the bustling atmosphere - but for the mountains we would have thought we'd ended up in Myrtle Beach!
On top of that, we spent one morning at Splash Country, the water amusement park next to Dollywood. Stephen had a blast on the partially submerged playground (our camera's battery was dead, so pictures may be coming later from a different source). I had the interesting challenge of finding things that pregnant women could do. I saw the 1-4 rating system and read that 1's and 2's would be safe, but at first, I couldn't find the rating for particular rides. I waited in line with the rest of my party, who agreed that this one (a small group ride) should be fine - it certainly looked safer than keeping up with a 2.5 year old boy. After 10 minutes, we found a sign from the authorities that be stating that those with certain medical conditions should not ride, so I had to go back down all those stairs, defending myself to those who commented, in friendly ways, on my nerve. I used the time to look for the rating (in this case, 4) so I could avoid this again. I did get to go on some things, and got to see family having fun.
One thing pregnant women can almost always do is shop. We did hit the outlet stores, and managed to find decent deals for all four of us. I don't know if buying girls' clothes will be easier or more difficult because of the much bigger selection compared to boys' clothes, but it was so fun.
Then we came home and had to face the pile of stuff to do - including packing!!!

No comments: