Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ratatouille

Ever since Stephen saw the movie Ratatouille several weeks ago, he occasionally asked me to make the dish ratatouille.
I found a recipe in a general cookbook and adapted it so that it would look like the movie version - except I kept the tomatoes called for in my recipe and left out the yellow squash. Stephen did help a little, and we even got to work on patterns as we layered the veggies in the baking dish.
My version is not nearly as pretty as the one in the film of course - especially since I only had fairly large eggplants from which to choose.



Lee and I enjoyed it, but Stephen tried a few bites and didn't like it. Oh well.

In looking for pretty pictures of Ratatouille for contrast, I found that better cooks than I have also been inspired to make their visions of the film's version of ratatouille. This recipe does look much better than mine.

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

Ratatouille is a family film favorite at the Krajca house! Elizabeth had also wanted to make the actual dish, but you're a better mom than me, since I haven't made it yet. :-) Often as we walk through the veggie section of the store, Elizabeth will ask if those are the veggies we need to make ratatouille. Crazy girl! Maybe I should send her to your house for the summer to learn how to be a good cook!